Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Priorities

Have you ever gotten your priorities out of whack? I sure have! And I can testify that getting your priorities out of out of order leads to....burn out! I was tired all the time, working too much, taking on too many responsibilities (saying yes to things and then wishing that I hadn't), was irritable, feeling like I was fighting depression and that's just to name a few.

It is amazing how quickly your life can get so out of control when you don't have your priorities in order.  It recently happened to me. I had been so good about spending quiet time with God even if it was only a few minutes, it was always part of my day. And in just a few short weeks, I let that time be cut of of my day, one day at a time until I felt so lost, tired and burnt out.

What are you putting before God? Your spouse, your children, your friends, or your job? Or could it be reading, TV, Facebook/social networking? If your calendar is full of so many activities and no time with God...your priorities my be out of line. Just as you look at your checkbook to see where your money is going and what you are "worshipping", take a look at your calendar so see...What does it say about your priorities?

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to include you in the "Versatile Blogger" Award on my site.

    Go here to accept your award:
    http://megaknits.blogspot.com/2010/09/im-winner.html

    ReplyDelete