Monday, January 19, 2009

Five Cheers for Mom

"What does motherhood require? Transparent, tenderness, authentic sprituality, inner confidence, unselfish love, and self-control. Quite a list, isn't it? Almost more than we should expect." Yes, it is quite a list and so hard to be all those things at once. I'm telling myself before I start judging myself that I have been the best mom I could be and I do believe that. And if I didn't...I know a couple people who would be right there to tell me I've done a good job! I'm thankful for those friends who have encouraged me on this hard journey. It is still so hard! I'm learning to let go...I wish...hmmm...I wish I was in control. My mind is blank, yet overloaded....just too much.

"Carefully kept mothers dont' have secure kids. Carefully kept, untouchable 'velveteen mothers' turn out fragile, selfish, untouchable children. But unselfish, giving, secure moms somehow manage to deposit healthy, wholesome kids into our lonely, fightened society." I think I managed to make a few healthy deposits!

No comments:

Post a Comment