Thursday, January 15, 2009

Power to Overcome

Apply your heart to discipline and your ears to words of knowledge. Proverbs 23:12

"Can't and won't. Christians need to be very careful which one they choose. It seems that we prefer to use "can't". Well isn't that the truth. Even if I don't say "I won't" outloud...my actions say it everyday! I keep not following through on things that I say are important...

Spending time in prayer
Spending quiet time with God
Spending time in His word...getting to know Him
Healthy Eating
Excercising

The list could go on. I never thought of it as telling God I won't. If it is so important to me then I would make a way. I spend so much energy coming up with reasons or excuses or just being "too tired" I know I wrote about choices they other day and it is time I write down the things that are important to me and making them a priority and following through. Ask God for His strength because, with the help of God, I will!!! I need to ask Him DAILY not just on Monday or whatever day I am struggling...but everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment